Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon and Asparagus
Recipe from Wheat Belly by William Davis. MD
These “breaded” wheat-free cakes are incredibly easy to prepare. Sere with spinach or green leafy lettuce.
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh green chile pepper or to taste
1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 11/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- fine sea sale
- 6 ounces of crab meat, flaked
- 1/4 ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- baby spinach or mixed greens
1. Preheat the over to 325F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and chile, pepper and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Transfer the vegetables to large bowl. Stir in walnuts, egg, curry powder, cumin, and a dash of sea salt. Mix the crabmeat into the mixture and stir well. Form into 4 patties and transfer to the baking sheet.
4. Stir together the ground flaxseed, onion powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle the “breading” over the crab cakes. Bake the crab cakes until browned and heated through, about 25 minutes.
5. Serve on a bed of spinach or salad greens with a dollop of tar tar sauce if desired.
- 1 eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2 thick slices
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow Spanish onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3-4 sun dried tomatoes, cut into wedges
4-6 cups spinach
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (organic and from grass-fed sources)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Place the eggplant slices in a baking pan. bush both sides of the slices with oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the eggplant but leave the oven on.
2. Heating the remained 2 tablespoons of oil on a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, sun dried tomato, and spinach and cook until softens.
3. Scatter the tomato wedges over the eggplant. Spread the spinach mixture on top. Top the spinach with tomato sauce
4. Spread mozzarella over the sauce. Sprinkle with basil. Top with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake uncovered until bubbling and the cheese is melted. About 30 minutes.
Recipe from The Big Book Of Paleo Recipes by Linda Larsen.
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1" pieces
-2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced portabello mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups beef broth”
1.Heat Ghee in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the cubed beef; brown well on all sides for about 10 minutes, removing beef to a plate as it browns.
2. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms to drippings remaining in skillet; cook for 5–6 minutes, stirring to scrape up pan drippings, until tender.
3. Add paprika and smoked paprika to pot; cook for 1 minute longer.
4. Return beef to pot along with tomato paste, caraway seed, salt, pepper, and broth. Bring to a simmer; cover and simmer soup for 1 1⁄2 hours until beef is tender.